ERM, the world’s largest pure play sustainability consultancy, has acquired NINT, a Latin America-based consultancy providing sustainable finance and ESG advisory services with a focus on financial institutions, corporations, and other key organizations in the financial sector ecosystem.
NINT’s team of experts bring a blend of business and technical skills at the intersection of strategy, finance, and sustainability advisory to further enhance ERM’s end-to-end solutions for investors, issuers, and stakeholders in Latin America. As a leading player and pioneer in the sustainable debt market in Latin America, NINT brings deep technical knowledge and delivery expertise for providing independent assessments of debt issuances, developing frameworks for sustainable financings, and structuring debt instruments with sustainability benefits.
Paulo Santos, Managing Partner at ERM, said: “Sustainable finance is a key tool in delivering on climate commitments and facilitating investments to solve other sustainability challenges. NINT’s team offers a wealth of knowledge and experience in this space, which will strengthen the value we can bring to our clients in Latin America and worldwide. We are very excited to welcome NINT to ERM.”
Gustavo Pimentel, Founding Partner and CEO of NINT, said: “We welcome this opportunity to join ERM, who share our core values and commitment to sustainability, including a focus on professional development, learning, collaboration, and impact-driven work. At this unique point in our organization’s journey, we are looking forward to accelerating our impact with clients in geographies beyond Latin America and providing our team with new project and career growth opportunities.”
NINT is a consultancy in Latin America focused on sustainable finance and ESG advisory for financial institutions, corporations, civil society and public sector organizations. NINT advises clients to advance the integration of sustainability & ESG criteria into decision-making processes related to investments, capital market transactions, risk management, and strategy development.
NINT offers a comprehensive suite of specialized services, including:
- Sustainable Debt Advisory: Technical advisory for developing and structuring Green, Social, and Sustainability (“GSS”) debt instruments and sustainable financing frameworks, as well as independent assessments of GSS debt transactions against sustainability standards
- ESG Advisory: Consulting to develop and implement strategies related to ESG governance, climate change, and investor communications
- ESG Investing & Due Diligence: Developing and implementing best practices for managing and integrating ESG risks, impacts, and opportunities into credit and investment processes
- Program Management: Design and facilitate multi-stakeholder initiatives that promote the advancement of sustainable finance topics in the broader marketplace or improve the ESG practices of financial market participants
- Sustainable Finance Research: Studies and in-depth analyses of sectors, markets, and thematic ESG topics for investors and other capital providers for sustainable investments
Founded in 2011 and boasting 100+ professionals across 5 countries, NINT serves the full ecosystem of the financial sector including a wide range of financial institutions (e.g., asset managers, private equity, commercial banks, development banks). In addition to financial institutions and corporations, NINT also serves public and civil society organizations which represent key stakeholders that influence the financial sector through funding the agenda for environmental, climate change, low-carbon infrastructure, or other sustainability topics. Learn more
ERM is the business of sustainability.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, ERM partners with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunities for future generations.
ERM’s diverse team of 7,500+ world-class experts in over 170 offices across 39 countries supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability. Through ERM’s deep technical expertise, clients are well-positioned to address their environmental, health, safety, risk, and social issues. ERM calls this capability its “boots to boardroom” approach - a comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level. Learn more