Why client satisfaction is a material topic for ERM
Our ability to satisfy our clients’ needs and consistently exceed their expectations is critical to the ongoing operations of our company and integral to our business strategy and financial sustainability as a firm. We work with many of the world’s largest companies, as well as those whose activities have the greatest impacts across their value chains, to address their greatest sustainability challenges. We believe that by working with our clients to reduce negative impacts and enhance positive impacts on people and the planet, we can maximize our contribution to shape a more sustainable future.
We recognize the key elements that drive client satisfaction:
- Providing exceptional value;
- Demonstrating our technical and business competency and expertise;
- Building upon our experience working with clients across industry sectors and geographies;
- Offering innovative services and integrated approaches;
- Harnessing technology and data; and
- Delivering world-class projects and programs.
ERM's services support our clients’ environmental, health, social, safety and sustainability needs across the entire life cycle of the business. Our FY21 target for tracking client satisfaction is to increase the average number of services provided to key clients by 10% (based on a 3-year rolling average).
We set one target for FY21, which we did not meet (see below). Increased growth in the average number of services provided to our key clients was viewed as an indirect indicator of client satisfaction. However, based on stakeholder feedback, during FY22 our target is to establish an independent and verifiable process to more directly measure client satisfaction.
- Increase growth in the average number of services provided to key clients by 10% (3-year rolling average).
- Increased growth in the average number of services provided to key clients by 6% (3-year rolling average).
View our FY22 targets.